In this blog, we will learn how to change application icon in ubuntu and we are going to change the application image in Ubuntu by employing a straightforward trick. (By adjusting .work region records). This trick will work inside and out assortments of Ubuntu. Using this trick you’ll need the choice to alter the image of any application like Terminal, LibreOffice, little PC, chrome, Firefox, Settings, and afterwards forward
What are .desktop Files?
A .work zone record is actually an easy course that’s wont to dispatch applications in Linux. Without the .work region record, your application won’t show up inside the Applications menu. At the explanation when the applying is presented inside the structure, it will make the .work territory record subsequently and place themselves inside the appliance menu for fast access.
These reports are by and massive a mix of meta-information resources and a backup thanks to the go of an application. These records typically stay in/user/share/applications/. Follow the underneath step to differ the applying image in Ubuntu.
how to change application icon in ubuntu?
Follow the Steps to the Change Application image in Ubuntu:-
(1) Open Files and snap-on Computer (root Folder) or attend Root Folder directly.
(2) Open the user Folder section →next share Folder → then application Folder.
(3) Now Press Ctrl + l and duplicate the universe of the directory(that is–copy the globe applications coordinator).
(4) Open the Terminal and sort collection and paste the domain of the envelope (i.e. For Pasting the Copied Location of uses library type Ctrl + move + v).
(5) Type in Terminal sudo gedit overshadows terminal. Desktop
(6) predominate terminal .Desktop recording is going to be Open in gedit Application and afterwords search Icon Line inside the File.
(7) Now Open the Image that you simply just should supersede with Icon and duplicate the universe of Image. (Press Ctrl + L to repeat the domain of picture)
(8) And Paste in the minimal individual terminal. Desktop report after the Icon=/home/Amit/Pictures/Icons/terminal.png toward the foremost elevated add terminal.png and save the File.
(9) Now Close the Terminal and Open yet again. Within the event that the image doesn’t change essentially restart your framework, and you may see the new picture.
Learn more: How to convert JPG into PDF on Ubuntu
LibreOffice Applications Icon change:-
- libreoffice-calc.desktop For Excel (Spreadsheet)
- libreoffice-writer.desktop For Word (application)
- libreoffice-impress.desktop For PPT (Presentation)
Go to Step 5 and instead of sudo gedit little individual terminal .Desktop type inside the terminal sudo LibreOffice-cal. Desktop for Excel (Spreadsheet) and follow comparable advances. As of now, you will competent to change the image for Excel and follow something a great deal like for word and PPT.